12 Jun 2021
Record Store Day 2021: The new Expanded Face Dances is out today!
This year’s release from The Who for Record Store Day 2021 is an expanded two LP set of their 1981 album Face Dances celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2021. LP1 is the original album with its nine tracks. LP2, entitled Face Dances Part 3 has another nine tracks. The 2LP set was mastered by Jon Astley at Close To the Edge and cut at half speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road.
LP1: The Original Album
1. You Better You Bet
2. Don’t Let Go The Coat
3. Cache Cache
4. The Quiet One
5. Did You Steal My Money
1. How Can You Do It Alone
2. Daily Records
4. Another Tricky Day
LP2: Face Dances Part 3
1. I Like Nightmares
2. It’s In You
3. Somebody Saved Me
4. Dance It Away (previously unreleased) with Roger on lead vocals
5. Don’t Let Go The Coat (previously unreleased) with Pete on lead vocals
Side 4 All tracks live at Grugahalle, Essen, 28 March 1981 and broadcast live for Rockpalast
1. Don’t Let Go The Coat (previously unreleased)
2. You Better You Bet (previously unreleased)
3. The Quiet One (previously unreleased)
4. Another Tricky Day (previously unreleased)
The album cover features the original Peter Blake design front and back. LP1 is on bright blue heavyweight vinyl with coloured labels and LP2 is on bright yellow heavyweight vinyl with coloured labels. In addition there are four 12″ x 12″ fine art prints included in the package with four portraits on each print.
To find your local participating store just follow the links . . .