13 Mar 2020
Record Store Day postponed until June 20th
The organisers of Record Store Day 2020 have today made the following announcement . . .
Record Store Day is a worldwide event involving thousands of people and small businesses—In our discussions over the last few weeks, as information came and changed daily, and then hourly, we’ve taken all of them into consideration as we go over various options: Stay the course. Move the date. Change the structure of the event. No one knows what things will look like in any given place in the next five weeks, and decisions for that time period need to be made now, using current facts.
There is no perfect solution. There is no easy answer. We’ve decided that the best of all possible moves is to change the date of Record Store Day this year to Saturday, June 20.
We think this gives stores around the world the best chance to have a profitable, successful Record Store Day, while taking into consideration the recommendations of doctors, scientists, the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and the need to be good citizens of both local and worldwide communities.
We’re working with all of our partners and our stores to make this change as smooth as possible for everyone who participates in Record Store Day: customers, record stores, artists, labels and more. Record Store Day is everywhere and we want to hold our party when everyone can gather around safely to celebrate life, art, music and the culture of the indie record store.
. . .
The Who’s contribution to Record Store Day 2020 is a newly-expanded 2-LP vinyl edition of their 1974 album Odds & Sods.
• This reissue includes the original LP sequence on Disc One and adds 14 bonus tracks – B-sides, rarities and extras on Disc Two, Odds & Sods Too – to create a definitive, 25-track double LP.
• The stunning artwork and design restore the original ‘die-cut’ front sleeve and includes all Pete Townshend’s original track annotation.
• Pressed on heavyweight coloured vinyl:
• Disc One – RED
• Disc Two – YELLOW
• Also features replica 1973 North American tour poster image (as part of the gatefold) and lyric insert, with two picture inner bags
• Remastered and cut using half-speed mastering process at Abbey Road studios.
“I tried to arrange it like a parallel sort of Who career – what singles we might have released and what album tracks we might have released. It could have been a double album, there was that much material.” ~ John Entwistle, 1974
LP ONE: The Original LP
2. Now I’m A Farmer
3. Put The Money Down
4. Little Billy
5. Too Much Of Anything
6. Glow Girl
1. Pure And Easy
2. Faith In Something Bigger
3. I’m The Face
4. Naked Eye
5. Long Live Rock
LP TWO: Odds & Sods Too
1. Zoot Suit (Remix with fade)
2. Here ‘Tis (Previously released on the 30 Years Of Maximum R&B box set)
3. Leaving Here (From the Pye acetate)
4. Baby Don’t You Do It (From the Pye acetate)
5. Young Man Blues (Alternate studio version, included on 1998 CD)
6. Dogs Part Two (B-side, the single mix; included on Tommy SDE)
7. Here For More (B-side single mix)
8. The Seeker (Long unedited version; previously unreleased)
1. Heaven And Hell (B-side single mix)
2. Don’t Know Myself (B-side single mix)
3. When I Was A Boy (B-side single mix)
4. Waspman (B-side single mix)
5. We Close Tonight (Included on 1998 CD)
6. Water (B-side single mix)
Only available from independent record stores on RECORD STORE DAY 2020, 20 June 2020