YASALAM 2014 RETURNS TO ABU DHABI FOR IT’S
MOMENTOUS 6th YEAR –
10 WEEKS OF NON-STOP ADRENALINE
Foremost international DJ ARMIN VAN BUUREN and singer-songwriter sensation PHARRELL join rock legends THE WHO for a once-in-a-lifetime After-Race Concert experience from 21-23 November 2014.
Arabic Stars TAMER HOSNY, CAROLE SAMAHA, FAYEZ ALSAEED and MOHAMMAED ASSAF to headline first night of sensational After-Race Concerts on 20 November 2014.
Must attend free events, concerts and activities across the Capital culminate with the world’s biggest stars at the du Arena, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
For more details visit: www.yasalam.ae.
Abu Dhabi, UAE – 30 September 2014: FLASH Entertainment unveils the line-up of world-class After-Race Concerts, events and community activities scheduled to take place as part of Yasalam’s momentous sixth year in 2014 – the largest city-wide entertainment programme run by any race host city.
From race track to music tracks, the 6th Yasalam Festival spans more than 60 days – from September to November of non-stop adrenaline – with a marathon programme of festivities for residents and visitors across the Capital.
Once the roar of the engines reach the finish line, the excited chants of music fans will resonate at the du Arena. The excitement around the Yasalam After-Race Concerts reaches fever pitch with the announcement of yet another sensational line up of global superstars set to take Abu Dhabi’s grand finale race weekend to the ultimate level.
On Friday, 21 November the After Race Concerts will welcome globally celebrated DJ and producer ARMIN VAN BUUREN, who will make his Yasalam debut. The Dutch superstar, ranked number one DJ for five years will deliver the ultimate electronic dance party experience. Van Buuren will energize the audience with his extensive back catalogue of hits including the recent, chart topping This Is What It Feels Like.
On Saturday, 22 November, the music industry’s current hottest property, PHARRELL, will light up the du Arena with his world famous stage persona and raw talent. Set to thrill the After Race Concert crowd as part of his Dear Girl Tour the singer-songwriter, producer and chart-storming collaborator has cemented his status in music history with huge hits spanning from 2003’s ‘Frontin’’ and 2013’s seminal ‘Happy’, to current chart-toppers; ‘Marilyn Monroe’ and ‘Come Get it Babe’, a back catalogue specifically designed to get the audience moving.
Bringing the race season, Abu Dhabi race weekend and the Yasalam Festival to a celebrated and powerful close will be one of rock’s legendary and defining bands of all time – THE WHO. Confirmed as the first official date of THE WHO HITS 50! Tour, their debut in the region will see the band take their audience on an ‘Amazing Journey’ through their entire career from the days of THE HIGH NUMBERS to classic albums such as Who’s Next, Tommy, Quadrophenia, My Generation, Live at Leeds up to the present day. THE WHO HITS 50! will not only celebrate the fantastic contribution The Who have made to musical heritage but also their remarkable contribution to youth culture old and new.
In June, FLASH Entertainment announced four of the Arab world’s most prominent musical superstars to kick off the first After-Race Concert on 20 November. TAMER HOSNY – Egyptian movie star and celebrity singer, CAROLE SAMAHA – the award winning Lebanese musician and actress, Emirati singer FAYEZ ALSAEED and MOHAMMED ASSAF of Arab Idol fame from Palestine will grace the du Arena stage to serenade fans and entertain race attendees on the first night of the 6th annual Yasalam After-Race Concert weekend.
Commenting on the Yasalam After-Race Concert lineup John Lickrish, CEO, FLASH Entertainment said:
“Yasalam is a celebration that offers the UAE an incredible line-up of city- wide live entertainment and this year is no exception. Our ambition is to leave lasting memories for a lifetime with a programme that the entire community and visitors in the Capital can really look forward to.
“When Yasalam was first launched back in 2009 it was already the largest city-wide entertainment programme by any race host city, but every year the Festival continues to grow and 2014 will set a new global benchmark.”
This year’s Yasalam Festival also sees the return of the much-loved Beats on the Beach in a bigger way with greater diversity of artists in a new location. The free and famous music festival will move to the Lagoon Beach, West Plaza on the Abu Dhabi Corniche. The full line-up is due to be announced in the coming weeks.
Building on community engagement themed by competitive motorsport, Yasalam kicked off on September 7th with the second annual Get Driver Fit programme, brought to you by ActiveLife by Daman.
• Get Driver Fit brought to you by ActiveLife by Daman: The second annual Get Driver Fit campaign returned on 7 September with free, public classes and a newly developed 10-week long fitness challenge, culminating in a purpose built obstacle course on Lagoon Beach on the Abu Dhabi Corniche from 13- 15 November as the start to the Yasalam festivities. A lucky man and woman will win the grand prize of a luxury trip to Phuket, Thailand. To sign up, go to www.yasalam.ae.
• F1 FanZoneTM: The world’s official F1 FanZoneTM is back on the Corniche at this year’s new venue: the West Plaza on Abu Dhabi Corniche. Feel the rush of the F1® with thrills and spills for motorsport enthusiasts of all ages. There’s plenty to keep the family entertained at the world’s largest and most diverse F1® fan experience.
• Beats on the Beach: The UAE’s biggest free music festival returns bringing award winning artists together to create the ultimate beach party Live on the Corniche with three nights of high octane performances from Emirati, Arabic, Bollywood, Filipino, local and international talent.
• Urban Art Zone: A new level of creativity will join the Corniche activities with the Urban Art Zone. The public can watch art come to life as old shipping containers are transformed into live graffiti art, bringing the industrial heritage of Abu Dhabi into the creative world of Yasalam 2014. As part of Yasalam’s continued community outreach, the zones will also teach about upcycling and refurbishing furniture to help give back to the under-privileged in the community.
• Yas Plaza Activation: Motorsport enthusiasts and hotel guests see the race weekend arrive at their doorstep with a new large-scale activation showcasing countless interactive features, fun and photo opportunities with replica racing cars at the du Arena.
• Yasalam Live at Yas Mall: This year the show starts even earlier with Yasalam artists dropping by the studio at Yas Mall. Fans can get closer than ever to their favourite stars, seeing and hearing them as they’re interviewed. Yasalam Live at Yas Mall will be live broadcast on Radio 1, Radio 2 and Hayat FM and recorded for a Yasalam TV show special. Check out #Yasalamlive on Instagram and Twitter for updates from your favourite stars, competitions and playlists. Keep listening for radio shout outs and the chance to join Yasalam Live at Yas Mall.
• Yasalam Opening Parade: The race weekend kicks off in the iconic, carnival- styled parade with music and fancy dress costumes inspired by the big race and the world-wide host cities. The Yasalam parade will feature local school floats, a marching band and breath taking performers along the boardwalk of Abu Dhabi Corniche.
Once again this year, Y1 Access provides race ticket holders with a unique package of value-added benefits and exclusive ticket discounts off FLASH events until February 2015. Race ticket holders will receive a pair of complimentary invitations to the first night Arabic Stars After-Race Concert night on Thursday, 20 November and the first 15,000 UAE-based race ticket buyers will get two invitations to take their friends to Friday’s After- Race Concert, Armin van Buuren, on 21 November.
Music and motorsport lovers get an extra thrill with all tickets holders receiving a 20% discount off General Admission tickets for a selection of major FLASH concerts and events across Abu Dhabi until February 2015 such as the Mubadala World Tennis Championship and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
As previous years, race ticket holders will need to visit Yas Marina Circuit each day to collect their concert wristband for access to the Yasalam After-Race Concert that evening. The race is held at the Yas Marina Circuit on 21, 22, and 23 Novemberwith concerts taking place from 20-23 November at the du Arena behind the North Grandstand. The concerts are exclusively for race ticket holders. Concert tickets cannot be purchased separately.
For race tickets call 800 YAS (927), visit www.yasmarinacircuit.com or go to Virgin Megastores and Etihad Airways Shops across the UAE.